Ghost Shape Matching
|Please Pin this Image to Pinterest!|
What you will need:
1. Download and Print Activity Sheets
2. White Paper
4. Small Baggie
7. Glue Stick
8. Cardboard (reuse a cereal box!)
9. Clear Contact Paper/Packaging Tape/Lamination
|Click to Download Activity Sheets|
1. Print ghost shapes and game board.
2. Cut out ghost shapes.
3. Laminate ghost shapes or mount on cardboard. (I didn't have access to a laminator. After mounting on cardboard I covered the ghost shapes with clear contact paper.)
4. Laminate game board or cover with clear contact paper/packaging tape. (I chose to mount my board inside a folder for easy storage.)
5. Attach velcro to back of ghost shapes and to the spaces on the game board.
6. Child will match correct ghost shape to space on the game board.
7. If using a folder, staple small baggie to inside of the folder for storage of the ghost shapes.
|Cut the ghost shapes and glue to a cereal box to make them more sturdy.|
|Clear contact paper can be added to ghost shapes and game board.|
|Velcro pieces are added to the back of the ghost shapes. (I added the hard side of the velcro to the ghost shape and the soft side of the velcro to the game board.)|
|Completed game with baggie stapled to the folder for storing ghost shapes.|
|My son said, "Boo! I found you!" when he added the ghost shapes!|
This activity was designed to be used along with Three Ghost Friends: Learn About Shapes.
Three Ghost Friends: Learn About Shapes Trailer!
Check out the other Three Ghost Friends e-books!
What are toddler busy bags? They are quick activities that can be pulled out when a parent needs a few minutes to keep their toddler busy -- make lunch, go to the bathroom, talk on the phone, or check Pinterest! Keep all the materials in a bag so that they can be set up in a moment's notice or taken with you as a portable activity.
The toddler busy bag activities available at this website go along with the Three Ghost Friends e-books! Even if you do not have an iPad or iPhone your toddler could still benefit from the activities. Please use them (and tell a friend who has an iPad or iPhone that you heard about these great e-books for young readers)!
|I linked this activity on Living Montessori Now!|