Welcome to Three Ghost Friends Toddler Busy Bag Activities Week!
What are toddler busy bags? They are quick activities that can be pulled out when a parent needs a few minutes to keep their toddler busy -- make lunch, go to the bathroom, talk on the phone, or check Facebook! Keep all the materials in a bag so that they can be set up in a moment's notice or taken with you as a portable activity.
When the week comes to an end you will have five toddler busy bag activities that go along with the Three Ghost Friends e-books! Even if you do not have an iPad or iPhone your toddler could still benefit from the activities. Please use them (and tell a friend who has an iPad or iPhone that you heard about these great e-books for young readers)!
Color Wheel Matching
|Download the Printable Sheet|
What you Will Need:
1. Download the Printable Sheet
2. Thick white paper/card stock
3. Six clothespins
4. Blue, red, yellow, orange, green purple, and black markers
5. Storage bag
6. Glue Stick
7. Cardboard (reuse a cereal box)
1. Print the color wheel on thick paper.
2. Cut out the color wheel and mount on cardboard.
3. Color a clothespin for each color on the wheel - blue, red, yellow, orange, green, purple.
4. Write color word on the clothespins (if desired).
5. Child will match correct clothespin to color on the wheel.
|This activity perfectly matches Three Ghost Friends: Learn About Colors.|
|This is my almost 2 year old son matching the colors. His sister told him to pinch the clothespin to make the "alligator's mouth" open.|
|We used this morning's empty cereal box to make the color wheel more sturdy.|
|Keep all the pieces secure in a Ziploc storage bag to transport to the doctor's office or on car trips!|
Three Ghost Friends: Learn About Shapes is Coming Very Soon!